In pursuit of effective participation structures and procedures to facilitate participation in shared governance for classified professionals, California School Employees Association, Chapter 535 recognizes the Classified Senate of Norco College as a professional organization promoting the interests of all classified professionals in shared governance. Therefore, the following process regarding classified employee appointments to shared governance committees will be inclusive of classified professionals while meeting the mandates of Senate Bill 235 and the MOU with CSEA Chapter 535. The Classified Senate will make recommendations to CSEA for appointments.
Committee Appointment Process
Vacancies and the Committee Appointment Process
During the academic year, if you have a vacancy on your governance group, committee co-chairs need to submit vacancies for classified professional representatives to the Ruth Leal, Classified Senate Chair, and Leona Vassale, CSEA NC Vice President. Please fill out the form:
Request for CPROS Representative Form
- A brief description of the committee’s purpose, responsibilities, and scope
- The number of classified professional representative vacancies
- A brief description of the knowledge/expertise desired
- The time commitment (including hours, weekly/monthly, start and end date for project teams)
Announcements will be posted to CPROS social media and classified pro listserv. Interested classified pros will submit their interest and complete questionnaires.
The Shared Governance Committee reviews all applicants and submits recommendations to the Classified Senate. If approved, the Classified Senate will recommend the appointments for final approval by CSEA NC Vice President (if needed).
* Classified Senate will endeavor to fill the vacancies as best as possible. Any requests received or unfilled after the first day of the fall semester will be handled on a case-by-case basis per the CSEA Committee Appointment Process.
May 25, 2023 – Deadline to submit vacancies for classified professional representatives needed to fill on committees/councils/project teams/etc. for the 2023-2024 academic year. Classified professionals are appointed for permanent terms unless otherwise stated.
June 1 – Announcements posted
June 29 – Deadline for interested classified pros to submit interest and complete questionnaires
July 10-July 12 – Shared Governance Committee reviews applicants.
July 13-July 20 – Appointment process with recommendations by Shared Governance Committee submitted to Classified Senate for acceptance and vote with final approval by CSEA NC Vice President (if needed).
July 25 – Shared Governance for Classified Representatives Workshop
*Requests received after May 25th may not be included in the announcements for classified professionals. The Classified Senate will endeavor to fill the vacancies as best as possible. Any requests received after the first day of the fall semester will be handled on a case-by-case basis per the CSEA Committee Appointment Process.
Dates are subject to change.
Current Classified Representative Vacancies
The Shared Governance Committee has gathered a list of committee vacancies. If you are interested in serving on a project team, committee, or council, please see the opportunities listed.
Classified Representative Vacancies:
- Classified Professional Development Committee
- Social Activities Committee
- Community Service Committee
- Student Equity Inquiry Teams
- Student Support Council
- DEIA Committee
- Transfer Advisory Committee
- Library Learning Resources Committee
- LFM Rising Scholars Committee
- Academic Council
- Resources Council
- Undocu Task Force
- District Enrollment Management Subcommittee
- District Facilities Naming Subcommittee
- District Facilities Planning & Development Subcommittee
- District Guided Pathways Subcommittee
- District Safety & Security Subcommittee
- District Human Resources Committee
- District Institutional Planning, Effectiveness & Governance Committee
- District Noncredit Subcommittee
- District Resources Committee
- District Teaching & Learning Committee
- District Advancement & Partnership Committee
- District Civic Engagement & Partnerships Subcommittee
- District Cybersecurity Advisory Subcommittee
- District Governance Subcommittee
- District Employee Wellbeing Committee
- District Distance Ed Subcommittee
Classified Representative Questionnaire
Classified Representative Questionnaire
Winter 2023 Classified Representative Appointments
- Lilia Garcia – Interim Classified Co-Chair for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee for the remainder of the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Elizabeth Lopez – Student Support Council for a one-year appointment through the end of 2023.
- Janelle Brekke – Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Charise Allingham – Document Control Project Team
- Desiree Wagner – Document Control Project Team