In pursuit of effective participation structures and procedures to facilitate participation in shared governance for classified professionals, California School Employees Association, Chapter 535 recognizes the Classified Senate of Norco College as a professional organization promoting the interests of all classified professionals in shared governance. Therefore, the following process regarding classified employee appointments to shared governance committees will be inclusive of classified professionals while meeting the mandates of Senate Bill 235 and the MOU with the Norco College Classified Senate. Classified Senate will make recommendations to CSEA for appointments.
Committee Appointment Process
2022-2023 Timeline for Committee Appointment Process
May 10, 2022 – Deadline to submit vacancies for classified professional representatives needed to fill on committees/councils/project teams/etc. for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- A brief description of the committee’s purpose, responsibilities, and scope
- The number of classified professional representative vacancies
- A brief description of the knowledge/expertise desired
- The time commitment (including hours, weekly/monthly, start and end date for project teams)
May 27 – Announcements posted to CPROS social media and classified pro listserv
June 20 – Deadline for interested classified pros to submit interest and complete questionnaires
June 27-July 1 – Shared Governance Committee reviews applicants.
July 13-July 25 – Appointment process with recommendations by Shared Governance Committee submitted to Classified Senate for acceptance and vote with final approval by CSEA NC Vice President (if needed).
July 26 – Shared Governance for Classified Representatives Workshop
*Requests received after May 10th may not be included in the announcements for classified professionals. The Classified Senate will endeavor to fill the vacancies as best as possible. Any requests received after the first day of the fall semester will be handled on a case-by-case basis per the CSEA Committee Appointment Process.
Dates are subject to change.
Classified Representative Vacancies 2022-2023
The Shared Governance Committee has gathered a list of committee vacancies for 2022-2023. If you are interested in serving on a project team, committee, or council, please see the opportunities listed.
Classified Representative Vacancies:
- Academic Council (2 vacancies)
- Resources Council (2 vacancies)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (2 vacancies)
- Equity in Guided Pathways Project Teams (2 vacancies)
- Grants Advisory Panel (2 vacancies)
- Classified Professional Development Committee
- Social Activities Committee